This is OAMRS’ most prestigious award. It is awarded to a practitioner in recognition of outstanding service, professional achievement and significant contribution that influences and benefits the profession. The recipient demonstrates the qualities of a leader and upholds the highest professional and patient care standards in their practice.
View further information on who can win the award. Learn more
The nominee is a MRT and/or Sonographer who has been a full practice member in good standing with the OAMRS for ten years or more.
The nominee has demonstrated a sustained commitment to the profession by acting as a leader and role model and by demonstrating expertise and innovation. The Medical Radiation Sciences Practitioner of the Year has made a significant contribution to the profession in one or more of the following:
- Patient care
- Instrumental in creating innovative practices
- Mentoring, training and educating colleagues
- Building the stature, profile and reputation of the profession
- Interprofessional Collaboration
- Community Outreach and volunteering