Awards Selection Committee
The purpose of the OAMRS Awards Committee is to review nominees and, based on the award’s criteria, select the recipient of the following OAMRS Awards:
Committee Composition and Qualifications (Maximum 7)
- OAMRS Director Professional Services - Non-voting Chairperson
- 1-2 OAMRS Board members as selected by OAMRS staff (renewed annually)
- 5-8 Active OAMRS members at large who meet the following criteria:
- Term of commitment to committee is three consecutive years
- Not an active member of the Medical Radiation Sciences Practitioner of the Year Award Committee
The call for Award Committee members will go to all OAMRS members. Award Committee members will be selected by OAMRS staff and be consistent with the OAMRS’s mission and goals. The Award Committee will be supported by designated OAMRS staff.
- Committee Members are accessible by email or phone
- Active Committee Members are not permitted to nominate someone for any award awarded by this committee
- Committee Members are available for meetings in October and/or November with a maximum commitment of four (4) hours
- Committee Members cannot be nominated for any award, awarded by this committee
Conflict of Interest
- The Committee Member will be excused from Committee Member duties for that year. If they are a Member at Large, they will have their term on the Awards Committee extended one additional year.
- The nominee has the opportunity to decline the nomination.
- OAMRS staff will make efforts to replace the excused Committee
Member for the current year’s selection duties.
This is not a paid position. Expenses incurred while fulfilling Award Committee business will be reimbursed in accordance with the OAMRS Financial Policy.